Monday, May 27, 2013

Judgment Will Come... BUT Today Is A Day of Hope and Salvation... Let's SHOUT it OUT!

It is not my job to judge others!  I made this statement in my last post: "If you want to judge the world, you will miss the opportunity to influence it."

HOWEVER, do not be ignorant, there is a judgment.  That judgment is the responsibility of God the Father and He is the only judge!

God, under His New Covenant,  has reserved His judgment for a specific time and place. 

John 12:47-49  "I will not jude those who hear me but don't obey me, for I have come to save the world and not judge it.  48. But all who reject me and my message will be judged on the day of judgment by the truth I have spoken.  49. I don't speak on my own authority.  The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it."

I don't need to convince the world of anything.  I simply must be faithful to share the message of hope that we have in Christ Jesus and to live in such a way that it proves that message.

I could not convince anyone of their sin anyway.  It is not my position to do so.  It is the role of the Holy Spirit to "convict the world of it's sin" (John 16:8).

This is exciting to me.  My role is to share GOOD NEWS to the world around me.  My job is to share my testimony and how the blood of Jesus has taken away my sin and that He can do the same for them.

Yes... there is a judgment.  One day God will judge the world.  However, today is the day of Salvation (2 Cor. 6:2).  That's good news!  Let's not be quiet about this.  Judgment is coming, but today is a day of HOPE and SALVATION.  

Shout it out!!!


















1 comment: