Friday, April 17, 2009

Faith Preceeds Success...Always!

One of the struggles I have battled in my life is stepping out in greater faith.  A faith that exceeds my own abilities, strengths and talents.  After all, if it is something that I can do on my own then is it really faith?  

One of my responsibilities as a District Youth Director is our annual youth convention.  For the past four years we have held that event at churches within our district.  I had been feeling for some time that to grow we needed to move the event back to a civic center and open up the event to others outside of the Assemblies of God.  So, after two straight years of 1250 in attendance, my reps I and prayerfully made the decision to move to the Mass Mutual Center in Springfield, MA.  

In order to make this happen from a financial standpoint, we would need 1500 paying students to remain at the same financial platform as the previous years.  To accomplish this we need an additional 250 students, approximately 33 additional students from each of our 9 sections.

About a week and a half ago, I had an anxiety attack thinking about the financial implications if we do not reach our goal of 1500 students.  I have done everything I can to make this happen.  We have promoted the event to 1000 churches outside of the Assemblies of God, we have ran 3 solid months of christian radio promotions, we have made phone calls, we have done the work.  
At the height of my anxiety, a friend called.  I shared what was going on and she and her husband prayed with me.  Immediately, I felt the anxiety being lifted.  A peace came over me, and at that moment I made the decision that I was going to walk in faith.  So, I let go and am currently giving God the opportunity to show forth His faithfulness.  I can't do any more than I have done, and God is going to have to do the rest.  

I am still having to walk in faith, but currently we are at around 1100 students pre-registered, that is about 220 more than pre-registered last year.  Will we hit our 1500?  I say yes!  God laid this on our hearts and we have been obedient.  He will be faithful as we walk in faith!  

Please pray with us for The Launch 2009.  It will be happening on April 24-25.  More so than the 1500 students, we are believing God for a great outpouring of His love and power!  Thank you for partnering with us in prayer.  You can also check out our website at www.thelaunchne.com.  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment