Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ending One Era, Entering Another

I just can't believe that this was my daughter's last Easter Egg hunt.  Next year, she'll be too old.   It just seems like yesterday that we were taking her and our son to the church for their first New England Easter egg hunt, however that we ten year's ago.  

When we moved to New England ten year's ago, our daughter was two and our son was five months old.  It was so much fun watching them and video taping their every move as they picked up their eggs.  

Today, I found it was no different.  With the video camera in one hand and the digital camera in the other, they are still placing smiles on their dad and mom's face with little to no effort.  We are so proud of both of them.  Though another season is ending for our daughter, it is not the first for either nor will it be the last.  

I have found that it is so much fun to watch and participate in all the seasons.  I am looking forward to next year as once again my son picks up the eggs hoping to find the ones with coins in them, while my daughter works behind one of the tables helping to pass out the bags of candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment