Thursday, July 9, 2009

SNED Kid's Camp Day 4

I was so busy yesterday that I did not get the chance to blog. However, I keep thinking it is yesterday so maybe it balances out!

Anyway, I can not believe how fast this week is slipping away! They arrive, they "camp hard," and then they leave to go back home...just like that...gone!

As a parent I realize with every passing year that it is just like that with our own children. The are born, they "grow hard," and then the leave to live their own lives. We have them for such a short time!

For this reason, I am reminded all the time of the importance of spending quality time with my children. I am reminded of how important it is to play with them, listen to them, spoil them, teach them, encourage them, and most of all to "Train them in the way they are to go so that when they are old they will not depart from it!"

Parents, pastors, leaders, please let me encourage you. Do not take the time God has granted you with these precious children for granted! Love them and spend your time wisely. Your investment will pay dividends you will never regret!!!

Thank you Lord for the privilege of our kid's. We love them! Help us in our responsibilities and may we cherish every moment!!! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment