Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Power of a Network

When I think of the early church and the mission of the Apostles, I am reminded of the power of the early church. From the very beginning, the early church was utilizing the power of a network.

Working together, to spread the gospel, they met in homes, broke bread together, encouraged and prayed for each other, sold their belongings and gave to those in need. They may not have called it a ministry network, but that is exactly what it was. They could not have succeeded with out the power of the Holy Spirit and the working together in unity for the sake of the mission.

The thing I like most about our new focus on the word network, is the shift from a geographical description to that of relationship. When you think of a network you have to think of others. Bottom line, it is all about relationships and working together to accomplish something bigger than we ever could on our own.

Few churches seem to make a big impact outside of their community. However, together, church by church and community by community a network focus will allow us to impact region.

When I think of youth ministry and infiltrating the school campus’ of S. New England, we must work together. The task and mission is way too big for any one youth pastor or youth ministry. Though all of us entered our ministry with a vision to win the world, the reality is that if we run solo it will be a slow go!

When I look back over my 20 years of ministry focus, it is so evident that those events that held a great lasting impact, involved networking with others. As a matter of fact, it is one of the reasons why I try to focus everyday on building my network. I know that I am only as strong as my network. Thank you Lord for those you have placed in my network , who challenge and strengthen me, run with me, pray with me and love me!
Thank you Lord for the Power of a Network!

No comments:

Post a Comment